Business Development Manager
About Rhino Health
AI has not achieved its full potential in healthcare. Rhino Health aims to fix that. Today, AI developers face tremendous hurdles in training their models on sufficiently large & diverse datasets because of privacy concerns. The Rhino Federated Computing Platform (FCP) unlocks healthcare data collaborations by allowing developers to train their models on data without ever taking possession of that data.
Rhino Health offers healthcare organizations and data scientists an end-to-end federated computing platform, which enables data collaboration while protecting patient data privacy. The FCP uses edge computing and federated learning, leaving data at rest at each site, thus lowering the barrier to wider adoption of AI in healthcare and making multi-site collaboration seamless. Users can tap into a network of over a dozen leading medical centers around the world, centrally performing data pre-processing, harmonization, model training & validation, and results analysis with no data ever leaving any medical center’s firewall. The FCP is being used in a variety of data modalities such as medical imaging, medical notes, histopathology, genomics, and proteomics.
The company is headquartered in Boston, with an R&D center in Tel Aviv.
About the Role
We are looking for a business development leader to facilitate connections with new prospects at our target partners. Our platform has been proven to add value for a variety of technology leader personas and we are now ready to invest in growing across these segments. You will be supported by world-leading SMEs as well as investments in product marketing.
Success in this role will be measured by new users and new partner companies. To drive those outcomes, we expect you to do the following:
- Immersing yourself in the world of healthcare & life sciences AI/ML, monitoring news about target prospects’ adoption of or challenges with AI/ML, sharing those trends with others on the team to influence Product Marketing, Product, and/or sales to existing accounts.
- Building relationships with relevant individuals at target prospects via networking, conference attendance, targeted outreach, MQLs, etc. Note: we expect the majority of leads will come from you or the channel partners you cultivate, not marketing.
- Nurturing leads to become actual opportunities by matching prospect needs to known use cases and/or introducing our solutions architect to tease out new use cases; as well as keeping prospects abreast of developments with the Rhino FCP and/or trends or use cases.
- Generating new leads from channel partners by understanding their clients & prospects, and then identifying potential win-win joint sales opportunities - done by jumping over partner admin hurdles and completing regular partner planning & review meetings
- Providing feedback to the Product Marketing team on market pain points / opportunities, and what value props are or are not resonating with prospects.
About the Candidate
This is NOT a role that is just selling a product X% better or Y% cheaper than a direct competitor’s in a niche growing Z% a year. We are annealing a market with a huge ceiling and solving very real pain points for AI developers and ultimately AI consumers, and you should be excited at the prospect of working at the bleeding edge of technology. You will have to credibly speak with data scientists, data engineers, and their executive leadership about the intersection of AI/ML, healthcare & life sciences, and edge / cloud computing (with the support of appropriate SMEs behind you). You should be excited to do that in the context of an early stage company (read: you will have the ear of the C suite and the ability to grow in your sales career…but we don’t have dedicated HR yet).
This would be a great fit for a sales engineer or solutions engineer looking to transition into business development or someone with experience selling innovative IT / data / analytics solutions to life sciences / payers / public sector orgs.
Given everything above, we believe the right fit will have the qualifications below:
- Bachelor’s degree required; major in computer science or other similar technical field preferred
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience required, ideally including experience working in B2B SAAS / PAAS / IAAS, as well as experience with AI / ML / ML Ops / data science.
- Experience with a deeply technical product with a steep learning curve, and ideally a consumption component, with a technical user base (data scientists, data engineers) strongly preferred.
- Experience with healthcare and/or life sciences strongly preferred.
- Candidate must be authorized to work permanently in the United States
- Candidate must be willing to commute into downtown Boston > 2 days per week
- Occasional travel expected (<10%)