Mid-Senior Cloud Architect
Car IQ is enabling the next generation of machine payments and IoT banking by connecting vehicles, merchants and banks for simple, seamless transactions. We believe connected machines and the data they generate present an opportunity for a new payment experience.
At the core of Car IQ are talented, passionate people. We take great pride in cultivating a collaborative environment where everyone can directly impact product direction while honing current skills and building new capabilities. Come be a part of our team - with great people and leading-edge technology.
We're looking for a Senior Scrum Master & Project Manager who is biased toward action and outcomes and will be working with product management, design, engineering, and other stakeholders across the organization. You’ve demonstrated delivering on-time projects by building a strong plan and showing ownership. You’re passionate about finding a method to the madness, organizing the timelines, and helping create alignment. You’re opinionated about execution and are relentless about improving the team's velocity.
What You Will Do:
The role will be a dual role. Your time will be split between scrum master responsibilities (60%) and project management for the product management team (40%). As scrum master, you will work closely with the Engineering and Product teams. As project manager, you will lead cross-functional product releases ensuring successful release & coordination of new products and features in the market.
This role is crucial in executing critical projects by the Product team and will report to the Chief Product Officer.
Scrum master responsibilities (60%):
- Establish scrum and agile ceremonies for the organization
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, release planning, and retrospective meetings
- Work with the Product team to update the product backlog and schedule the next Sprint
- Facilitate backlog grooming and management by prioritizing user stories, creating acceptance criteria, and driving testing and delivery
- Work with engineering teams to coordinate requirements, delivery, and acceptance testing
- Coach individuals in Agile best practices
- Facilitate discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution
- Continually improve our software development practices
- Anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical and operational constraints
- Measure iteration performance, and develop and maintain metrics-based status dashboards that are shared with agile teams, management, and other relevant stakeholders
- Actively manages risks and potential problems while proactively identifying solutions to mitigate
- Escalates early and often while tracking and removing roadblocks
- Ensure that the Engineering delivers against schedule, scope, resource/cost, and quality targets
- Ensure standardized processes are established across software development lifecycle and release management
- Responsible for weekly readout to the org on velocity, roadblocks
- Responsible for monthly readout on velocity, completion, and quality
Project management (40%):
- Responsible for product release coordination & cross-functional project management
- Ensure smooth collaboration among extended team members for each product release including Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, and the Executives team
- Anticipate and manage risks, publish a product team risk register, proactively communicate risks/issues to management in a timely manner, and offer creative solutions
- Publish and maintain project plans, schedules, issues lists, status reports, and meeting agendas with action items
- Clearly communicates project goals, responsibilities and deliverables, and timelines to Product teams and stakeholders, and ensures strong alignment
- Communicate effectively across all organizational levels and champion organizational change processes
- Coach our teams to embrace flexibility and foster innovation while balancing firm standards and practices
- Tactically identify dependencies and blockers, track and help remove them accordingly
- Clearly demonstrate command and control of meetings (as appropriate) and has total respect and confidence from the team
- Construct presentation material, and deliver it, to audiences of any level
- 10+ years of project management experience required
- 10+ years of Scrum master experience with agile methodologies required. Experience with JIRA, Confluence, project tracking, and collaboration tools is required
- A passion for high-quality project deliverables, detail-oriented with a strong focus on hitting the project goals, and a bias toward action are required
- CSM or related Scrum and Agile certifications preferred
- Demonstrated project management experience with a preference for Insurance, Financial Services, and Fintech domain knowledge
- Teamwork skills exemplified by always being ready to jump in to help others as required in a group that operates in a fast-paced “startup” mindset
- Self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high-demand, performance-driven environment
- Must be located in the San Francisco Bay Area and willing to be in office 2 -3 days per week
Salary Range: $150,000 - $200,000
Car IQ has created a payment solution that enables vehicles to transact securely and autonomously with payment networks, banks, and merchants. Car IQ’s underlying technology is based on a machine identity verification process called Know Your Machine ™ that allows vehicles and IoT devices to connect to payment networks, physical infrastructures, and mobility platforms. We designed Car IQ Pay to serve industry participants including fleet managers, automotive OEMs, car-sharing services, ride-sharing platforms, and commercial fleets.
We believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. Our goal is to ensure that Car IQ upholds an inclusive environment where both applicants and employees feel respected and valued. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, and veteran status.